Bánh Mì Bowls
Traditionally served as sandwiches on delicious crusty baguette, we keep the big "umami" flavor of marinated Chicken (and/or mushrooms for a vegetarian option) and pile them on top of fast and easy 30 minute pickled veggie mixture like carrot and cucumber and summer greens with a crusty slice of bread on the side.
Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Frozen
Signature Farms Cremini Mushrooms
Signature Farms Baby Peeled Carrots
Signature Farms Romaine Hearts
Signature Select Artisan French Bread
1 ½ lbs marinated Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts *
12 oz Signature Farms Cremini Mushrooms *
2 cups pickled veggies **
2-3 heads of Signature Farms Romaine Hearts, shredded
½ cup cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried
1 Signature Select Artisan French Bread, sliced and grilled
*CHICKEN and/or cremini mushroom MARINADE
3 TBS fish sauce
2 TBS soy sauce, regular
2 TBS maple syrup, grade B preferred
1 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS garlic, minced
1 TBS ginger, minced
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
4 scallions, minced
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
** PICKLED VEGGIES
1 ½ cups carrots, sliced matchstick style
1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced into ribbons
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 TBS kosher salt
2 TBS granulated sugar
1. Begin by marinating the Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast and/or Signature Farms Cremini Mushrooms. In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients and add the chicken breasts and/or mushrooms, stirring a few times to completely coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate a minimum of 30 minutes (or overnight if you have time!) in refrigerator.
2. For the pickled veggies, in a medium bowl, whisk apple cider vinegar with sugar and salt until clear and dissolved. Add carrots and cucumber to the mixture and refrigerate a minimum of 30 minutes. Chef tip: These keep well in an air tight container in your fridge all week and are delicious with burgers, sandwiches and pulled pork!
3. Preheat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Grill chicken breast 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 160*. If you are preparing the mushrooms, cook them over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until they have sweat out excess moisture and are slightly caramelized.
4. Pull the pan from the heat and allow the chicken to rest 5 minutes and let the mushrooms slightly cool while assembling the salad.
5. Slice the Artisan French Bread on the diagonal into 1 ½ inch slices. Drizzle with olive oil and grill or toast to warm through and give delicious texture.
6. Build your Bahn Mi Bowls by laying down a bed of shredded romaine hearts topped with sliced chicken, mushrooms, pickled veggies and topped with fresh cilantro and Artisan Bread. Enjoy!
Chef tip: For an added indulgence, spread pate on your grilled bread for a traditional flavor that pairs well with the chicken and pickled veggies.